Scholarships on Holocaust Education
January 9, 2012
Montreal, January 9th, 2012 - The Montreal Holocaust Memorial Centre (MHMC) is collecting applications from teachers interested in continuing their education on the history and teaching of the Holocaust at a seminar of almost three weeks, from June 24th to July 12th 2012, held at Yad Vashem, Jerusalem (Israel).
More information on this program.
Several scholarships are offered by different donors. They cover all travel expenses (airfare, lodging, food).
- The ability to function in an English environment, as the seminar takes place in that language
- Have a permanent position in a Quebec school
- Teach in the third cycle primary school or at secondary level
- Commit to attend two meetings (pre and post-seminar)
- Commit to reinvest the new learning and collaborate with the MHMC
- Possess a valid passport and necessary documents required to travel to Israel
- Accept that your name and photograph appear in any promotional materials
Interested teachers should send a letter of introduction explaining their work experience in teaching about the Holocaust and how this training will be useful in their practice, as well as a current Curriculum Vitae. Include names and contact details of two referees who can speak to your personal and professional qualities.
Send your documents with the subject line "Scholarships Yad Vashem", by email, by fax at 514-344-2651 or by mail:
Centre commémoratif de l'Holocauste à Montréal
Bourses Yad Vashem
5151, chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine
H3W 1M6 Canada
Applications must be received by March 2 2012, 17h. The scholarship recipients will be announced in April 2012.
For more information, write to Sabrina Moisan, Education Coordinator.